I usually love baking this time of year and enjoy making plates of goodies to pass out to friends and Ian's coworkers, but sadly this year it just didn't happen. I guess I can chalk it up to being a little preoccupied with life, that mixed with the fact that we really don't need all that extra goodness laying around the house for weeks! We have however gotten to enjoy some sweets that friends have brought our way, so that was nice. I did get my act together enough to buy some of that refrigerated pre-made dough and rolled out some sugar cookies for Maddie to frost and decorate - she had fun so that's all that matters! And last weekend, Maddie invited her friend Kira over to decorate Gingerbread houses (again store bought, I am not that talented to make the house from scratch)! The kids had fun, enjoyed sampling the frosting and candies and did a great job overall. But poor Kira got to enjoy her finished product for about a whole 5 minutes before it collapsed...at least she took it all in stride and thought it was so funny and just kept looking at her house laughing and saying, "It fall down!"
And who knows, maybe we'll get motivated over the next couple days and do a little baking. I did buy things to make some dipped pretzels that I am sure Maddie would enjoy dipping and decorating with sprinkles...you know how kids love sprinkles :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment