Monday, August 1, 2011

No news is good news...I guess.

So extreme summer boredom has taken over and quite honestly there's not much to blog about!  We are all just hanging in there and trying to get through this awful summer heat.  Even when we get the slightest break from the heat, there's still not much to do when you have a little one in the house who isn't supposed to be running, jumping, climbing, etc.  We have gotten a break from doctor appts every week and seem to be going every 2 -3 weeks now.  We actually have an appointment on Wednesday with Dr. Buchman and I've got a bone to pick with him!!  As soon as we finished distracting Maddie's bars, I asked Dr. Buchman if we should go ahead and schedule surgery to have the distraction taken off and he said, not to worry, it is a quick surgery and he can tack it on at the start of one of his surgery days.  Ok, whatever.  Well last week I got a call from the scheduler from his office wanting to schedule her surgery.  Perfect I thought, let's get the show on the road.  Yea, so let's just say I am not happy with the date she gave us.  She said his first available was October 11...and I thought September 21 seemed liked forever away?!  So that's when we're scheduled...for now anyways.  Like I said, we see the doctor this week and I'm going to beg and plead to see if we can get her in sooner.  I did also schedule Maddie's next sleep study for mid-October and I am almost more anxious about this than anything else because this will tell us how well the distraction worked and if or when we can get the trach out. 

Hope you're having more fun than we are this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment