Sunday, June 26, 2011

A weekend recap...

This weekend was one of those nice, relaxing, lazy weekends.  We all three did our fair share of sleeping in and enjoyed doing a whole lotta nothing.  After a very lazy morning on Saturday, we finally managed to get ourselves together to meet some of our dearest friends from Florida who are up this way visiting family and friends for the next couple of weeks.  And what a reunion it was...it was so good to see them and we picked up right where we left off, especially Grant and Maddie, they were holding hands, hugging on each other and just talking up a storm.  And then there was precious little Max who I was so happy to finally meet and love on!!  We enjoyed dinner at the Pizza House, walked around downtown Ann Arbor, had a little ice cream and then it was time to get the little ones to bed, but I am so happy that we will get to see them a couple more times before they head back to Florida.


In other news, Ian and I finally made the executive decision that we were done distracting.  It is just getting harder and harder to turn the bars and Maddie is starting to drool more and more and so we just decided enough is enough.  I'm confident that Dr. Buchman will be fine with the decision as he told us it was our call as to how much further we wanted to distract.
RIP Distraction Log!!

And last but not least, we gave it our all, but we finally gave our final flush to Banana 2 (or shoot, was it 3...I think I've lost track).  Since beta fish didn't seem to like us that much, we are going with some goldfish, three of them to be exact.  Fingers crossed we have at least one left by then end of the week!!  Oh, and the names Maddie came up with (with a little help from mommy & daddy) are:  Strawberry Shortcake, Sherbet, and Carrot Top.

No comments:

Post a Comment