Well, the summer is finally coming to an end and school will be starting back up next week. I must say we've had a pretty relaxed summer, and spent most of our time hanging out at home, visiting the local library for story time and crafts and a little more of playing around the house. Since we didn't do any summer vacations this year we figured we had better do something fun before school started so Cedar Point and the Michigan Renaissance Festival seemed to fit that bill. Last weekend we headed to Cedar Point and enjoyed a long day which started out with a two hour drive, 8 hours of walking around the amusement park, riding rides and playing games and then a two hour drive home. Maddie had so much fun and I just know next year, after she has grown just a couple more inches, she will be riding all the big rides with her dad. And Miles, what can I say, he really is such a good baby. He did great in the car ride, sleeping most of the way there and back and was even better at the park. He sits so good in his stroller and just likes to look around and take everything in. The weekend after that we headed out to the RenFest. Maddie had never been and to be honest, it's probably been 25 years (gosh I'm old) since I had been to one. It was pretty hot out so we didn't last quite as long as we did at Cedar Point but Maddie still had fun. She got to see a couple of shows, play some games, do some shopping and eat some yummy food...not much more she could have asked for :)


No comments:
Post a Comment