| Maddie posing with her new Beta fish: Strawberry and Banana! |
Maddie - Mom, can I ask you something?
Me - Sure, what's up Mad?
Maddie - After my surgery, can I get a pet?
Me - Um, well, um...what do you want? (and in case you don't Ian and I very well, we are definitely NOT animal/pet people).
Maddie - I want a cat!
Me - Ha...yea, that's not going to happen! Maybe you could get a fish?
Maddie - Yay!!
So a fish it is, and I must say, even that is pushing me...I really just don't do animals. I told Ian he is in charge, I don't even want to touch the food to feed them...YUCK! So off to the pet store we went on Friday after we picked daddy up from work and Maddie got not one, but two beta fish. We came home that night and did everything as the guy at the pet store said to do, and Maddie was so excited!!
Shhh...Don't tell Maddie, but on Saturday, after only about 15 hours of living with us, daddy had to take a trip back to the pet store, so we are now the proud owners of Strawberry II and Banana II.
When mom told her co-workers that Maddie asked for a pet cat and I told her NO, they were kind enough to go to Build A Bear and make Maddie her very own cat. Maddie LOVED it!!
Very cute!! Just know, fish are a gateway pet, like gateway drugs!! You wind up with fish and then move to a hamster, then a guinea pig, then a rabbit, then a cat, and soon, you're going to have a whole house full!! Nah, just kidding. She can come visit my dog and cats any day!!! We even have a new puppy who is full of little kid energy just for her!
ReplyDelete